Stickers add extra fun to our WhatsApp conversations. Although it is possible to import third-party stickers into WhatsApp, it is not possible to customize animated stickers. However, WhatsApp now allows you to import custom animated stickers into WhatsApp with the latest update. This means you can use any video or GIF to create your own animated stickers.
WhatsApp does not allow you to directly add animated third-party stickers. You will have to rely on third-party applications to do the work. To make animated stickers for WhatsApp, we will use the Sticker Maker app
1. Install the Sticker maker application on your Android phone.
2. Launch the application and click “Create New Sticker Pack”.
3. Enter the name of the sticker pack and enter your name. Click the Create button.
Click on the sticker pack you just created to add animated stickers to it.
4. Click on the first box and choose Choose File from the menu.
5. Select the video or GIF file from which you want to create the sticker. The app will automatically compress the GIF or video and create a sticker from it.
6. Similarly, click the other boxes in step 5 to add three animated stickers to the sticker pack.
7. After adding at least 3 stickers, press the Add to WhatsApp button at the bottom.
8. Start a chat in WhatsApp and open the sticker panel. You will find the newly created animated sticker there. Just click on the sticker to send.
You can add more WhatsApp animated stickers to the same sticker pack later by repeating the above steps. You can even change the sticker pack icon that will be displayed in WhatsApp by tapping the tray icon when adding an animated sticker.
Create and import custom animated WhatsApp stickers on iPhone
For iPhone users, the steps are almost similar. However, you must use a different application to create custom animated WhatsApp stickers using iPhone. Here, we use the Sticker Maker Studio application to do the same. Follow the method below to import custom animated stickers to WhatsApp on iPhone.
1. Install and open the Sticker Maker Studio application on your iPhone.
2. Enter the sticker pack and author’s name in the given box. Click the Create button to save it.
3. Click on the newly created sticker pack.
4. You will see various boxes. Click on the first box and select a file from the menu.
5. Navigate to the video or GIF file and select it. Similarly, add other stickers to the packaging.
6. After there are at least 3 animated stickers and an automatically generated tray icon in the package, click Add to WhatsApp.
7. If the tray icon is blank, click it. Otherwise, you will have problems adding the sticker pack to WhatsApp. Choose the tray icon from your image.
8. A pop-up window will appear asking to open WhatsApp. Click OK.
9. To import animated stickers into WhatsApp, click Save in the pop-up window. That’s it. Your custom animated sticker is ready to be used in WhatsApp on iPhone.
How to delete custom animated stickers from WhatsApp
If you want to delete an animated sticker pack (or any other custom sticker pack) from WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android phone, please follow the steps below:
1. Open any WhatsApp chat on your Android phone or iPhone.
2. Go to the stickers screen and add stickers to the chat from there. Click the add (+) icon.
3. Click on my sticker.
4. On iPhone, click Edit at the top, then click the red delete icon next to the package.
5. Click Finish.
6. On Android, click the delete icon next to the sticker pack you want to delete.
Animated Stickers For Whatsapp
We hope you can import your favorite stickers into WhatsApp. You must have guessed it, using the same steps, you can import animated stickers from your favorite apps (such as Telegram, Facebook Messenger, etc.). Just download the animated sticker in GIF or video format, and then follow the steps above to import it. For GIFs, you can make them using still images in your phone’s gallery, and then export them to WhatsApp as animated stickers.